In this article, I will give you an overview of the new SharePoint version 2016 and the preview was released in the month of August. Every SharePoint lover is looking forward to it grand mega release. I m also one among them like you!! Lets get started and see some of the new advanced features below
- Image and Video Preview – You can preview the images and video in SharePoint 2016 which is an interesting feature.
- Larger file support – SharePoint 2013 did not support uploading or downloading files larger than 2,047 MB. SharePoint 2016 now allows you to upload or download larger files.
- Larger content databases sized at TBs not GBs.
- Increased the list View threshold more than 5000 items per Query. The actual numbers will be known soon. To my mind, this is a major performance improvement whilst retrieving data.
- Microsoft Project Server 2016 (PWA) is now part of the SharePoint product. It is available as a separate service application in Sharepoint 2016
- Automatic index management – SharePoint 2016 comes up with automatic index management for the larger lists which can be enabled or disabled.
- A new site collection named “Compliance Policy Center”. It allows you to manage policies and assign policies to site collections
- A new site collection name ““In-Place Hold Policy Center”. This is used to govern policies as well
- Enabled Office 365 hybrid scenario integration with SharePoint 2016 on-premises with the help of Central Admin.
Happy SharePointing folks!! Please add here if I have missed any.